Resources for synergy, strategy and transformation
Richard McCarty and his team envisioned designed and built the first Green Houses in Tupelo, Mississippi. Their understanding of the core conceptual model and key elements of the Green House/small house and their passion for the model of care have informed variety of successful projects.
Perkins Eastman’s innovative and national team of senior living design experts have created multiple Green House and Small House communities in a wide range of settings from rural and suburban to urban. Their creativity and expertise yield designs that support good quality of life and facilitate person-centered care delivery.
Toby Shea, CFA, provides financial strategic planning and advisory services. Financing strategies for new projects are provided leveraging Toby’s experience with finance and his experience in operations. Toby has the knowledge and experience to provide sound planning advice.
A senior living and healthcare consulting firm that provides client focus groups for creative program and care model development, innovative funding strategies, and design and project management services based on evidence based research, sustainable design principles, and resident focused/patient centered programming.senior living, healing environments, sustainability, and aging in place.
- Trajectories of At-Homeness and Health in Usual Care and Small House Nursing Homes in The Gerontologist (2011) 51 (4): 504-515.
- Small House Design Manual, Advark Global, 2008
- From Nursing Home to Home: the Small House Movement, Long Term Living, March, 2008.
- Chapter in Empowered Work Teams in Long-Term Care, Strategies for Improving Outcomes for Residents and Staff, Dale E. Yeatts, Ph.D., Cynthia M. Cready, Ph.D., and Linda S. Noelker, Ph.D.
- Radical Re-Design of Nursing Homes: Applying the Green House Concept in Tupelo, MS. The Gerontologist, August, 2006 v46 no4 p. 533-39.
- First Green House opens in Mississippi, Pioneer Networking, Fall (3), 5, 11.
- Design Innovations for Aging and Alzheimer’s: Creating Caring Environments, December 2005, collaboration Chapter 5: The Green House.
- Home Again: Small Houses for Individuals with Cognitive Impairment, Journal of Gerontological Nursing, Vol. 35, No8, 2009.
Once you successfully click on “submit” you will be taken to a page where you can obtain your copy.
Small House Talk
- Enhancing Life for Generations: The Jewish Home For the Elderly Fairfield Ct
- Otterbein – Home Cooking
- Otterbein- House Tour
- Otterbein – Home
- Regulatory: NH Regs Plus serves as a one-stop location federal and state nursing home and assisted living regulations
- Collaboration: National Alliance of Small Houses (NASH) a website for discussions and information about small house written by those in the field.
- Senior Living Sustainability Guide®
- Guidelines for Design and Construction of Residential Health, Care, and Support Facilities
- Bringing the Arts to Life: A Guide to the Arts and Long-Term Care
- Simple Pleasures: Multi-level sensorimotor intervention that enhances opportunities for self-initiated activities and social interactions with 23 therapeutic recreational items that have been designed and tested with residents.
- Dining with Friends: Interventions that create a positive dining experience for residents who have dementia.
- Hand in Hand Toolkit: A Dementia training series from CMS
- Consult GeriRN: Resources for Nurses
- Tools for change: Advancing Excellence in Americas Nursing Homes
- Resources for change: Institute for Healthcare Improvement